Sunday, June 25th
Around McBurney Park
The Porch Jazz Parade offers a fun romp through the streets with pit stops for half-hour concerts along the way. Dance in the streets or bring a portable lawn chair and relax. The 2017 Porch Jazz Parade will be led by Spencer Evan’s Goat Steppers Parade Band, along with animating performances from Birdbone Theatre.
Porch Jazz Bands
- Parade Band: Spencer Evan’s Goat Steppers
- 12pm: Swamp Ward Orchestra @ Mulberry School #25 Markland Street / John Street side Playground
- 12:45pm: Son Latino @ Barrie Street & Plum Street
- 1:30pm: Kitchen Gypsies @ Barrie/Raglan Road w/ special guest Brant Peppley
- 2:15pm: Chris Alfano @ Redan Street
- 3pm: Georgette Fry @ Skeleton Park Main Stage
More Information >
12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Co-presented by the Skeleton Park Arts Festival.
The Porch Jazz Parade (entering its sixth year!) offers a fun romp through the streets with pit stops for concerts along the way. At each location, local jazz ensembles will play a half-hour set—dance in the streets or bring a portable lawn chair and relax. Kid and family-friendly!
This year’s parade will be lead by the amazing WHAT CHEER? BRIGADE, with the following porch locations:
- 303 Montreal St: PAUL MORRISON
- 133 Charles St: BINKY SWINGS
- 32 Patrick St: SPENCER EVANS
- 13 Redan St: TALK OF THE STREET
- Skeleton Park: INSIDE OUT
For more information, please check the Skeleton Park Arts Festival website.
Porch Jazz is a fun romp through the streets with pit stops for concerts highlighting many of Kingston’s best jazz acts along the way.
For our 5th Annual Parade, the sounds of The Lemon Bucket Orkestra and the Woodshed Orchestra carried parade goers en route to the Skeleton Park Arts Festival. At each location, local jazz ensembles played a half-hour set. There was dancing in the streets at this kid- and family-friendly event!